Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Sequel


The other day, I was informed that the new Kid Cudi CD, Man on the Moon 2: The Legend of Mr. Rager, leaked. Of course as soon I heard this, I had to download it. I've been excited for this cd for a long time, and it doesn't hit stores until November 9th. I advise you to check it out.
I was a little nervous about Man on the Moon 2, like always. Kid Cudi is one of my new favorite artists, and I hoped he wouldn't create an album that was just trying to impress the public. He did exactly that.
His first album, Man on the Moon: The End of the Day, after a lot of listening to it I realized that sometimes his lyrics were a little too depressing. His beats are always very dope but I hate when I'm listening to an artist and I feel like they're complaining to me. This new album is a whole lot different.

I feel as if Kid Cudi wanted to create a sequel to his first album, but this time change the tone of his songs. His first album focused on dreams, fears, and nightmares. This album brings you into the reality of Kid Cudi's life. The first song on the album, Revofev, really put me in a good mood for the rest of the CD. Kid Cudi sings about something different, one lyric that really stuck in my head was this, "Wake up, things might get rough. No need to stress, keeps you down too much." This lyric is showing us a totally different standing point then his first album, where he did a lot of whining.

Here's a preview of all the songs on the album, just to help you get a feel for it.

All in all, I think Kid Cudi did a fantastic job on his sophomore album. I think this album will really help Kid Cudi's following. The lyrics are way more upbeat and the sound is a lot more psychedelic. I'm digging it. He's pushing the buttons of hiphop, and changing the rap game.


4 comments: