Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mid Term Reflection- Why I Like This Class

1) I've learned that everything I see on the TV, hear on the radio, or watch on the big screen was created in a certain way to really get inside my head. It's been really interesting to learn how to pick out all the little things that have been placed in this media to make me feel a certain way.
2) I think that once I put my mind to these things, I can really understand how to catch and use the power tools in every day life. I feel like I could analyze anything you were to throw at me.
3) I wish that I hadn't put off the chapter reading until the night before most of the time. This textbook is pretty much the only interesting textbook i've seen in my life and I wish I could spend more time on the chapter.
4) The only thing I would change would be a little more time on the in class quizzes, I always feel a little rushed.
5) Now that I understand the power tools, I see how helpful they are, I really have read those things a thousand times and use them in every day life. The course blog is my best friend, if I didn't have it I would probably forget to do everything. It's way easier than writing down the homework in my notebook. I check it a few times a day. The quizzes make me feel more confident about understanding what we're doing in class, I like that you drill this information into our brains so many times. My personal blog makes me feel accomplished, I am proud of what I put on my blog. I really have enjoyed all the films we have watched, because I would never have sat down and really watched them otherwise. And lastly, this is the first textbook that i've ever actually wanted to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment